Monday 7 July 2014

Kin Kin Pan Mee 建记辣椒板面 | ThumbsForFood

Finally the hype (and queue) over Kin Kin Pan Mee is over! When it first opened in Singapore, I was really tempted to join the long queues and try the ban mian but I am glad I didn't waste my time and effort doing that.

We had the Signature Dry Chilli Pan Mee ($5) and the fish ball, bean sheet and meat ball soup ($4). The ingredients in the ban mian were minced meat, meat ball, anchovies and egg. The egg is definitely one of the highlights of the bowl of noodles. All the eggs were done consistently, with a runny yolk. A good way to eat it would be to toss the noodles with the yolk and other ingredients! I am not a fan of egg yolk but I enjoyed my noodles.

I have heard a lot about the dry chilli flakes and I must say that it didn't disappoint. I love spicy food and the chilli complements the noodles very well. We agreed that the unique point about Kin Kin Pan Mee is the dry chilli.

We also shared a bowl of fish ball, bean sheet and meat ball soup. It was pretty ordinary but I guess it is good for sharing!






Overall, I think that Kin Kin Chilli Pan Mee is definitely one of the better dry ban mian in Singapore but I certainly would not spend hours queuing for this! Yes, there is no queue for it now so head down if you have not tried it yet!

Have you tried Face Ban Mian 非板面 at Ang Mo Kio before? I will be posting about it very soon so stay tuned to our blog!

Kin Kin Chilli Pan Mee
534 MacPherson Road
Singapore 368220
Tel: +65 6743 1372
Opening Hours: 11:00am – 8:00pm

Have a good week ahead!

Cheers,
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment