Saturday 22 December 2012

Baja Fresh Mexican Grill | ThumbsForFood

Hello! It has been long since my last update as I have been looking for other ways to share my food journey with our readers [:

Well, today we have something different! Mexican food but in the fastfood style. Ever since my trip to USA, I have fallen deep in love with Mexican food. I love the depth of flavours in this cuisine and the fresh seafood blended in with all the spices. But, it is kind of sad because in Singapore, Mexican food is not exactly affordable. For a review on Mexican food, please visit our post on Viva Mexico! But before you head over to read, continue on our review on Baja Fresh!

Well, here's the salad/salsa bar! What's Mexican food without the salsa sauce?


Oh yes! Did I mention that I love Fajitas? Yes, I'm crazily in love with them. So, if you would like to guess my dish for the day...?

Steak Fajitas $14.95.  Honestly, I was pretty disappointed that it came in a plate. I was kind of expecting the hot sizzling Fajitas that give off the alluring smoke of fragrance from afar. Well, and then I came back to reality that I am in a fastfood Mexican chain and not some restaurant.

The steak was tasteless and there was nothing amazing about the rice. Even for this price, I wouldn't want to have this again.


The entire set $14.95
 Chicken, Shrimp, Steak Fajitas $14.95. Well, it was pretty much the same as the steak fajitas, just that this had more variety in it.

In case you were wondering, they offer 2 choices of tortillas: corn and the flour tortillas. The corn tortilla is just the soft version of the nachos. Personally, I prefer the flour tortilla.


Counter where you can order from.


All in all, I feel that this was really not worth going to based on the mere two dishes that I tried. But, please drop down to have a try if you are around that vicinity and craving for some savoury Mexican food. You can try the other dishes like the Burritos and share with us your views on them!

Our ratings of Baja Fresh Mexican Grill: 5.5/10

Baja Fresh Mexican Grill
Rendezvous Gallery, 9 Bras Basah Rd #01-03
S189559
Tel: 63377300

Love,
Zhen





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the suggestion! I think I'll look for that mexican restaurant in Opelousas, LA. It looks pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Thank you for sharing, everything looks so delicious. I just called and ordered Mexican food delivery in Boston, MA because your post and pictures made me so hungry! All the Baja Fresh's in MA have closed unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete