Thursday 14 March 2013

Aroy-Dee Thai Food | ThumbsForFood

Okay, it is not easy to find affordable and nice Thai food in town. So when I heard of Aroy-Dee, I knew I had to check it out. It is conveniently located near Peace Centre, very near to the Rochor Tau Huay. If you are at Dhoby Ghaut, it is just a 10 min walk away.

Dinner time on a Saturday was still okay. Packed but no queue. The decorations are simple and you can't ask for more for the price you are paying I guess! 


Phad Thai. This is a must-order in all Thai restaurants. This was okay, nothing special! 


Fried Calamari. Well, I think this was pretty nice. I like how the crispyness of the fried crust and of course, the squid was fresh!


Tom Yum Fried Rice. This is quite typical of any shop. If you need some rice for dinner and craving for some tomyum feel, this will be a good choice.


Chicken fried with Cashew Nut. I think this taste more like sweet and sour chicken. It is something suitable for people who do not take spicy food! But I think there are better and more authentic cashew nut chicken out there!


Well, our semi-feast for the night!


Overall, I would say there is nothing fabulous about Aroy-Dee Thai food. There are definitely better ones out there such as Nakhon Thai or even Ah Loy Thai. However, the location puts it at an advantage. I mean, where else can you get affordable and moderately nice Thai food? [:

Our ratings of Aroy-Dee: 6.5/10

Aroy-Dee Thai Food
91 Bencoolen Street
#01-12 Sunshine Plaza
Tel: 63368852


Love,
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment