Thursday 4 December 2014

Jiu Mao Jiu Hotpot 九猫久 | ThumbsForFood

Sorry for the long break! Just got back from Myanmar and can't wait to share about my first solo backpack experience.

For people who are fans of Ma La Xiang Guo (麻辣香锅), you will be happy to know that there is a place for it in town! Jiu Mao Jiu Hotpot is located inside POMO shopping mall.

We headed down to try their Pagoda Steamboat. It was an unique experience for me as I have not had a Pagoda steamboat before. I was told that they brought the concept in from China.

The various tiers of the Pagoda are as such:

First Tier – Steamboat (Taste the freshness of the ingredients with the Chef’s brewing of the soup base)
Second Tier – BBQ (Try Jiu Mao Jiu’s marinated ingredients)
Third Tier - Warmer (Maintain the texture of the ingredients without losing the heat)
Top Tier – Steam (you can steam potatoes, sweet corn, pumpkins and etc.)

I think that it is a cool concept as now I can have different ways of cooking my food. Moreover, this caters to people who are more health conscious as well!
 

They have a few soup varieties to choose for the steamboat base: Kimchi soup base, Japanese Curry soup base, Ma La Soup Base and Creamy Soup Base.



We tried the Ma La Soup Base and the Herbal Soup Base. I personally preferred the Herbal Soup Base.
 
If you are not into buffets, they serve Mala Xiang Guo (麻辣香锅) as well. I realize that recently, more and more people are into 麻辣香锅. I love it too because I can choose the level of spiciness!

Thank you to the team for inviting us down!
 
 
 Jiu Mao Jiu Hotpot 九猫久
1 Selegie Road #01-16
POMO Shopping Mall

Please check back for more updates!

Cheers,
Z

2 comments:

  1. Will there be a post about the solo trip? Looking forward to it as i plan to do a solo trip there as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joel,

      The first post on my solo trip to Myanmar is up on the blog! Thanks!

      Cheers,
      Z

      Delete