Monday 1 October 2012

Keisuke Ramen (Orchid Hotel) | ThumbsForFood

Recently, I read that Keisuke Ramen at the Orchid Hotel has been ranked the best ramen in Singapore. This got me wanting to try out the ramen there as I have never thought of trying it despite always walking past the store.

A pretty small shop right opposite the Tanjong Pagar Food Centre.  There was a decent queue outside the shop but the line moved fast so don't be scared away by the seemingly long queue!



Nice decorations inside the shop.


The sesame.


The basket of hard boil eggs.


Black Spicy Tonkotsu Ramen (With everything) $15.80++


Tonkotsu Ramen (With everything) $14.80++

While I was queueing outside the shop, I got really hungry and excited about the ramen. One thing that made me very happy was that there was Kaedama, meaning refill of the noodles for simply $2.00! In addition to that, there was free flow of hard boil eggs and bean sprouts to go along with your noodles.  Ground the sesame given which will bring out the taste of the soup! 

After trying both the soup bases, I think I would stick with the original Tonkotsu Ramen the next time as it brings out the true taste of the soup. The Black sauce is pretty good, giving a peppery taste to the noodles. It really depends on your mood and your tastebuds! After taking my first sip of the soup, I knew why it had such great reviews. The soup is really thick and nice, though a bit on the salty side. However, one good thing about this shop is that you can specify your personal preferences; how well you want your noodles cooked, the soup base, etc. 

The noodles are normal, but I love the seaweed. I feel that the bowl of ramen came with too many pieces of meat and personally, I think the meat was not really that nice. 

I will visit the store again for its yummy soup! You should try it too! 

Our ratings of Keisuke Ramen: 7/10
Must Tries: Tonkatsu Ramen (Original)

Keisuke Ramen
1 Tras Link #01-19 Orchid Hotel, Singapore 
Tel: 6636 0855
Opening hours: 11.30am-3pm, 6pm-10.30pm (Daily)

Cheers,
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment