Sunday 6 January 2013

Hoshino Coffee (Dhoby Ghaut) | ThumbsForFood

Hoshino Coffee is a new Japanese Restaurant that is brought over to Singapore. It is famous for it's hand-dripped coffee as well as it's souffle. Being a dessert fan, I was eager to try out it's desserts! So, we went to Hoshino for tea time.

Shop Entrance
 It is not a restaurant that is enclosed. In fact, it has an "open-concept" situated in the new, air-conditioned, Plaza Singapura Extension. As such, you don't have to be worried about the heat from outdoors.

Interior of shop with "open-concept"
Somehow, Hoshino gives me a cafe feel, especially given that it specializes in coffee. However, they do serve main courses such as curry, pasta and stuff as well. I guess I would return to try it's main courses.

They have a variety of Matcha drinks available. So, we decided to try their Matcha Latte with Softee (about $10). I guess for the price, I was expecting more or something different. Well, it tasted very normal. The matcha flavor wasn't as rich as I was hoping for. The softee was really just a scoop of vanilla ice-cream that made the drink more milky. Guess I won't be ordering this in future.

Green Tea Matcha Latte
Green Tea Souffle with a scoop of softee ($9.80) was picked as our dessert because we really like green tea. I like that it was baked nicely with the top layer a bit crisp and the insides soft and fluffy.

Green Tea Souffle with Softee
And yes, we ordered Hoshino Blended Coffee ($5.80). Well, it's coffee is said to be hand-dripped. It really is quite a strong coffee in terms of caffeine. It will be a favorite among dark coffee lovers. Also, there is 50%off if you need a refill.

Hoshino Blended Coffee
Overall, we felt that the prices of drinks and desserts are really quite high. So, I would say that the price does not befit the food served. Ambience wise, pretty noisy and since it's new, you got to queue. I don't think the desserts and drinks were memorable. But, since, many others have said that their pasta and curry is not bad, I shall visit it again another day. Till then. 



Our Rating: 6.5/10

68 Orchard Road
#03-84 Plaza Singapura
Tel: 63383277

Love, Y


No comments:

Post a Comment