Friday 11 January 2013

Taste Paradise (ION Orchard) | ThumbsForFood

Have you read our previous post on Royal China Dim Sum? If you have not chance upon it, go check it out after reading this review on Taste Paradise!

There is one thing I hate about most dim sum places and that is that they normally only serve it for lunch. Sadly, I'm not a truly morning person and hence, I always end up missing the available times for dim sum. Well, I was rather pleased when I discovered that Taste Paradise serves dim sum up to 1630 on weekends and public holidays.

Taste Paradise has an ancient elegance to it and it impresses the mind upon stepping in. It prides itself as a strong upstart in Chinese fine dining.

And if you still don't know, it is under the Paradise group which includes the Canton Paradise, Paradise Inn, Paradise Dynasty and a few others.



Steamed Custard Bun. Well, a Dim Sum meal wouldn't be complete without this. Taste Paradise serves up pretty good buns. One thing I like about it was that it was not oily compared to Victor's Kitchen's Custard Bun. 
Steamed Custard Bun
Well, the waitress strongly recommended us this and I was disappointed when I tried it. It tasted very much normal and I would still prefer my normal Chicken feet.
Braised Chicken Feet
When I saw this, I got pretty excited as I could not forget about the Baked Char Siew Bun I had in Tim Ho Wan in Hongkong. This was okay, but wasn't close to fantastic!



This carrot cake was pretty much the same as the one we had at Royal China. Soft yet crispy on the outside!
XO carrot cake

Siew Mai


Har Gao


All in all, Taste Paradise serves up good dim sum. But I would not say it is the best for its price. We paid around $20 per person. If given a choice, I would choose Royal China over this! However, its location is a plus point. If you are shopping in Ion and craving for some Dim Sum, then Taste Paradise is a good idea!

Our rating of Taste Paradise: 7.5/10




Taste Paradise
ION Orchard #04-07
Singapore 238801

Opening Hours
Mon-Fri: 1130-1500, 1800-2300
Sat, Sun & PH: 1100-1630. 1800-2300

Cheers,
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment