Sunday 29 December 2013

W39 Bistro & Bakery

There are some days when I feel like having some brunch food and coffee but don't feel like travelling far. Luckily for me, more and more cafes are popping up around my area. This cafe is located near West Coast Road which is a 10 min drive away from my house! So, I decided to try it out one fine day with my friends. 



I like the deco of the cafe. It is so pretty that I can't stop snapping photos using my camera! 

I went on a weekday and I was quite disappointed when I realized that they did not serve breakfast food on weekdays. Well, so we decided to go for the Set Lunch. It is available from Tues-Fri, 1130 to 1430 [: The price varies depending on the main course that you choose. They change some courses of the Set Lunch occasionally which is good so that we can always have new things to try! The Set Lunch comes with a drink and a soup of the day. 

Long Black

Latte

Flat White
Honestly, I did not like their coffee. My flat white was too watery. The worst part was that the drinks were served like it just came out of a coffee machine in a random office. I probably won't want to drink their coffee again!

Mushroom Soup

Pan-Fried Chicken Thigh

Spaghetti with Meatballs
Penne Pasta w Chorizo & Cream Sauce
The food we tried are all okay but not fantastic. I would return to try their breakfast but maybe not the lunch! I thought the homemade meatballs would be something special but it turned out quite normal!


They sell bread as well!





Overall, even though the food and coffee were not great, the deco and ambience of the place made up for it. They have outdoor seats as well so it makes a good place for big group gatherings [: 

W39 Bistro & Bakery
39 Jalan Mas Puteh
Tue - Fri: 11:00 - 22:00
Sat, Sun & PH: 09:00 - 22:30
Closed: Mon

For eateries who may want to feature their restaurants here, please feel free to contact us at thumbsforfood@gmail.com [: 

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment