Monday 14 April 2014

My Awesome Cafe | ThumbsForFood

Hi guys! I bet all of us are excited for the end of this week because its a four-day week ^^ While walking around the Telok Ayer area after visiting my favourite fish soup at Piao Ji Fish Porridge, I came across this new cafe. Initially, I thought that the name of the cafe was Chung Hwa Free Clinic because that was what I could see from the outside but well, the name of this new hipster cafe is My Awesome Cafe!

The location is quite convenient; just a 5 minutes stroll from Telok Ayer station and Tanjong Pagar station. There are actually quite a few restaurants that are worth trying around the area as well! When we reached at around 1 plus on a Sunday afternoon, there was a short queue (around 5 tables) so be prepared to wait a little while if you are planning on checking out the cafe anytime soon!








I must admit that I was attracted by the cool vibe that the cafe gave off! I am sure you can see from the pictures above. Even though the name of the cafe doesn't sound like it, it is really quite a nice place to hang out with friends or family on a weekend morning/afternoon.

desserts of the day!


not a coffee lover? 
Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon $6.50. To be honest, we were quite surprised when this was served to us. The portion was really small but come to think of it, the price is quite a good reflection of the portion. You definitely will not be full from eating this but well, a smaller portion of this means more variety of other items right? [:

I love the texture of the scrambled eggs! But, the taste of it was quite normal. Maybe you can add a croissant or something else to go along with this? They have several other scrambled eggs selections (avocado, parma ham, ham & cheese).

Flat white $4.50. The coffee was served in a pretty tiny cup. I am not a coffee connoisseur but there are definitely better ones out there.


Earl grey tea $4.

Love the decor!

Nice place to take photos! 
Bread & butter pudding $5. Somehow this wasn't as sweet as all the other bread & butter puddings that I have tried before. It is quite dense and hard and not very rich in flavours.


Pineapple upside down (something along this line) $5. For me, this was the better dessert. I am not a fan of pineapple but somehow this managed to make me continue eating it after the first mouth. Definitely worth my calories!


Overall, I would say I was not impressed by the food and drinks that I tried. But to be fair, they have many other selections that I have not had the chance to try yet. What made our experience at Awesome Cafe a good one was the very friendly co-owner who welcomed as warmly. I heard that they serve up good salads so if you are on a salad (healthy) diet, you can have a try and share with us about your experience!


My Awesome Café 真棒堂
202 Telok Ayer, Singapore 068630
Mon-Tues: 0745- 2100
Wed-Fri: 0745- 0000
Weekends: 1000-1500

Have a good week ahead! 


Cheers,

1 comment:

  1. Try their cold cut platters, they are totally awesome:)-

    ReplyDelete