Wednesday 14 May 2014

Seng Kee Bak Kut Teh | ThumbsForFood


I love to eat pig trotters and will always have strange cravings for it! Yes, I know how fattening pig trotters are... but I really like the taste of the skin (collagen right?) and the sauce! For people who are on a look out for good hawker food in Singapore, please keep yourself updated on this space because I will be posting reviews on delicious hawker food all around Singapore. Well, I will also be doing up a post on some of the stalls that I have discovered in Ang Mo Kio area. If you have been following our blog, you would have realized that we rarely do up reviews on the North side of the island. We will be working hard to share with our readers food all around Singapore from now on! :D
 
Back to the original topic of today: Seng Kee Bak Kut Teh
 
A friend of mine shared with me that there is this really yummy bak kut teh in the AMK area and so I decided to give it a try! It is located at Chong Boon Food Centre which is just a few bus stops away from AMK mrt station.
 


Pig trotters (Te Kar). This was really good. One of the better pig trotters that I have tasted in Singapore. The meat was well braised and very soft. Definitely worth trying!


Salted vegetables. This was pretty normal but I will always order sian cai (salted vegetables) because it goes really well with bak kut teh!


Bak Kut Teh. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed with the bowl of soup. I am a huge fan of bak kut teh and the one I frequent the most is Ya Hua Bak Kut Teh. I will definitely prefer Ya Hua's soup over Seng Kee's. The soup was a bit too oily for my liking.



Overall, I had a good experience at Seng Kee Bak Kut Teh. I will definitely be back for the pig trotters that is so sinful yet so tasty!


Seng Kee Bak Kut Teh (Ang Mo Kio)
Address: 453A Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10#01-06
Chong Boon Market & Food Centre
 Mon - Sat : 11:45am - 08:30pm


Have a lovely week ahead!

Love,
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment