Monday 20 October 2014

Fix Cafe | ThumbsForFood

The main factor that motivated me to travel all the way down to Toa Payoh (and walked 15-20 mins from the mrt station) was really because of the Liu Sha Donuts ($7.0). I love all kinds of food with liu sha (golden custard)! The liu sha dipping is served hot and the best thing about the dip is that it is not too sweet. As compared to liu sha bao, this is good for people who are more 'health-conscious' because it is not oily at all! But to be honest, this is actually a very simple dessert: donuts with a side dipping. I feel that the donuts were a little overpriced.


Since I'm started on desserts, I shall continue with another sweet item that I tried on my visit there. We had the Strawberry Pistachio Rose Tart ($7.0). I like that it is not too sweet and heavy; a good choice for dessert after a full meal.


My friend had the breakfast set ($12.0) which came with a drink. The breakfast set is pretty simple but I guess the price makes it value for money!


I decided to try their Chicken Tikka Naanwich ($10.0) since it is one of their specialties. This naanwich concept is something unique to Fix Cafe so I guess it is worth a try! I was pretty stuck between the Beef and Kimchi Naanwich and the Chicken Tikka Naanwich so I decided to ask the staff and he said go for the latter and so I did.

The marinated chicken went well with the achar (pickled vegetables). Pretty interesting dish at a cafe! Would definitely try their Beef and Kimchi Naanwich the next time.



nachos that came with the naanwich

latte



Overall, I had a satisfying brunch at Fix Cafe. The prices of the main course were very reasonable. For all the food we had, each of us only paid around $20. Located in Home Team NS at Balestier, it is not exactly the most accessible cafe but if you feel like heading to somewhere with a different (outdoor and overlooking the pool) ambience, Fix Cafe is definitely the place for you!

Fix Cafe
31 Ah Hood Rd
#01-06,HomeTeam NS-JOM Clubhouse


Cheers,
Z



No comments:

Post a Comment