Thursday 23 October 2014

Kkongdon BBQ | ThumbsForFood

I was having an intense craving for korean food during work so I decided to try out Kkongdon BBQ. I walked past it many times and noticed that it was always almost empty, even during the lunch hours. But I decided to give it a chance because the poor crowd could be due to the location (Djitsun Mall) right? Plus I googled their Daily Set Lunch Menu and it looked pretty decent. 

So, I went on a Monday, during lunch hours and it was .... pretty empty. We ordered the BBQ Set A. There were 5 options to choose from, and it was $12.80 ++ per person (minimum 2 person to order). 
There is also the individual set lunch menu to choose from, with prices ranging from $9.80 to $18.80.


The lunch came with free flow side dishes. The side dishes were a little too bland. The kimchi was so horrible that we did not even finish our first plate.


BBQ Set A consists of beef and pork, served with rice and Kimchi soup. Our first reaction when the meat was served was how unappetizing the meat appeared. The meat was cut in huge chunks and frozen.


And so, we decided to throw all the meat onto the grill so that the thick chunks of meat can be cooked within our lunch hour.


I have to be honest and say, how bad can BBQ meat taste right? The meat turned out okay and for the amount of meat (plus soup), $12.80 is quite a bargain.


The kimchi soup is a safe choice, nothing out of the ordinary but nothing bad about it as well.


Overall, I have to say that I was quite disappointed with the standard of food served at Kkongdon BBQ. I don't know if it was because of the outlet I visited but I mean it can't be that bad right? Considering the fact that they have 4 outlets in Singapore.

Well, at least I gave it a try but I know for sure I will not be back at Kkongdon, at least not soon.

Kkongdon BBQ
5 Ang Mo Kio Central 2
#01-06
Singapore 569663

Opening Hours:
Daily 1100-2230

Have a good week ahead!

Cheers,
Z



No comments:

Post a Comment