Friday 28 September 2012

Depot Road Zhen Shan Mei Claypot Laksa | ThumbsForFood

Okay I grew up eating this claypot laksa. It used to be my favourite when I was young. When I was younger, my spice tolerance level was not that good so it was always exciting to eat the laksa and have the burning aftertaste.

After it moved to Alexandra Village, I did not have much chances to eat it so I was really looking forward to the laksa. I must say, the standard of the laksa is pretty not bad, considering the fact that the original owners of this famous claypot laksa are not there anymore.

The laksa soup is different from the typical laksa soup you taste outside, being thicker and smoother. The thick bee hoon is cooked till its soft and blended in with the laksa soup. The addition chili at the side are for people who needs a little more spice to spice up their bowl of claypot laksa.


There is a short queue when I last went there during a weekday afternoon. And, for a non-laksa fan like me to actually crave for it, it is certainly worth your try too! 

Our ratings of Zhen Shan Mei Laksa: 7/10

Depot Road Zhen Shan Mei Claypot Laksa
Alexandra Village Food Centre
Blk 120, Bukit Merah Lane 1 #01-75


Cheers,
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment