Tuesday 23 October 2012

FIVE & DIME (River Valley) | ThumbsForFood

I have always wanted to try Five & Dime but did not have the chance to. Finally, this time round I succeeded in visiting this place for dinner!

Well, I would not say that it is located at a convenient place as it is quite a walking distance from Clarke Quay train station, along River Valley Road. Of course, you can always take a bus or drive there! Parking is available right behind the restaurant.





Hot Chocolate $5. I feel that this was alright, nothing fascinating. But, as always, chocolate has the magical powers of lifting your mood up! 


Mac & Cheese $16. This is definitely one of the best Mac & Cheese that I have eaten in Singapore. It is different from the ones with just the nacho cheese sauce. The unique point is the creamy lobster sauce. The baked cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan) makes the whole dish even more perfect! And, the dish is too yummy for you to get sick of! 


The Burger $23. Well, I am not a big fan of burgers when it comes to dining in restaurants. For this, I liked the patty as it is not the everyday patty. There was onions mixed in with the beef and the meat was quite juicy. 



Braised Pork Belly $22. This was better than I expected. Braised pork on top of warm cha soba. The pork was well done with the right amount of flavour to it. The noodles are on the lighter side of the taste buds, which compliments the braised pork well. If you are a braised pork belly lover, try this for something different! 


To sum up, I enjoyed my dinner at Five & Dime. I felt that the price was reasonable for the setting and the food was pretty good. It is a nice little cafe with 2 levels. I will definitely return here again. 

Lastly, please await our reviews on Five & Dime's Brunch Menu! 

Our ratings of FIVE & DIME: 7.5/10
Must-tries: Mac & Cheese

Opening Hours:
Mon-Thurs: 12 noon - 12 Midnight
Fri-Sun: 10am - 12 Midnight

Service Timing:
Lunch
Mon- Thurs: 12 noon - 1700
Fri - Sun: 10 am - 1500
Dinner: 1800-2130
Supper: 2200-2330

Cheers,
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment