Monday 8 October 2012

Hong Ji Claypot Bak Kut Teh (Bedok) | ThumbsForFood

I realised that we didn't review about any food places in the East. So, here I am with this review.

Hong Ji Claypot Bak Kut Teh has many branches such as Marsiling, Seletar and Geylang. Well, this one is hidden in a coffee shop! 


Other than Bak Kut Teh, it has other dishes as seen in the photo below. They have curry fishballs, pork trotters and many more. I will definitely try the other dishes soon because they look so delicious.


The different things about Hong Ji is that it serves the herbal type of Bak Kut Teh instead of the peppery type that is most commonly found in Singapore. Also, it is served in a claypot which retains the heat of the dish. The best thing on a rainy day is drinking the herbal soup. For me, I like to eat the claypot bak kut teh with Ee Mian. It is especially yummy!

The sad thing is that I did not managed to capture a photo of the dish served in claypot as I took a takeaway. Despite that, the soup is still hot and tasty. The downside is that there are too little bak kut teh meat. It's like 3 pieces. For the price of $4, I guess, it's only befitting of the portion I guess. 


So, if you're in the Bedok area, you might want to drop by! If you stay in the West, I don't think it is that specially yummy for you to travel down here for this claypot dish. You can visit the other branches. Do try the pig trotters as I see many reviews raving about it. I will definitely be back for it! 

Our Rating: 7/10

Hong Ji Claypot Bak Kut Teh
Blk 418 Bedok North Avenue 2
#01-97 Singapore 460418

Cheers,
Y

No comments:

Post a Comment