Tuesday 6 November 2012

Chye Seng Huat Hardware | ThumbsForFood

I have been wanting to have a try at Chye Seng Huat due to the positive reviews by many friends. Well, but I have tried Loysel's Toy some time ago which has the same coffee. Okay, some background for you if you are not aware yet! CSHH is under the same company behind Papa Palheta and Loysel's Toy. This flagship store features a roastery, a coffee bar, a coffee school and a private coffee tasting room.

It is about 10 minutes walk from Lavender MRT and Farrer Park MRT. I really like the name of this coffee house! It is something different from the usual names which was what caught my attention in the first place as well.


This is not the entrance! Walk to the left.

The sweets.

Well, my friend and I went there for tea so we only tried the coffee and some pastries.  

Espresso with milk $5.50. Nice coffee art. Drinking a cuppa coffee in the afternoon is such a relief from the mundanities of life [:


Ginger cake & Raspberry muffin. These are around $3-4. The Ginger cake is really awesome with the coffee and I liked it more than I expected! 

Raspberry Muffin & Ginger Cake
Other than coffee, they also serve other drinks like Hot Chocolate $6.50. Of course, they serve food (pancakes, omelette, sandwiches) as well. But take note that they close their kitchen at 5 pm!

Our ratings of CCSH: 7.5/10

150 Tyrwhitt Road
Tues- Thurs: 0900-1900
Fri-Sun: 0900-2200

Cheers,
Z



No comments:

Post a Comment