Thursday 30 May 2013

Standing Sushi Bar (Marina Bay Link Mall) | ThumbsForFood

Hello sushi fans! We are bringing you to Standing Sushi Bar this time round. I have heard tons of people talking about this Sushi Bar and so I decided to try it out. It was so hard to get last minute reservations at the SAM outlet so we decided to try the Marina Bay Link Mall outlet. 

Well, I think I will just get my hands up to book seats earlier at SAM next time round. It was such a long distance walk from the train station and it was sooooo empty. Of course, this place is mainly for the working adults so after hours mean that it is practically a ghost town. 

Scallop Maki $10. Well, this was just.... normal. Nothing fancy, and I wouldn't think that its a good deal for $10. The scallop was fresh though!


Ebi Fry Maki $13. I love Ebi makis because the prawns are so crunchy.


Salmon Aburi $13. Of course, this has been in the heats for some time. The salmon aburi roll; so nice and yummy. The slightly burnt taste on the salmon and another layer of salmon inside the roll. It is nice but I think I prefer the one at The Sushi Bar (Far East).  Click on the link if you want to read more on that!


Salmon Sashimi (5 slices for $5). They have this Happy Izakaya Times at the Marina Bay Link Mall outlet. Salmon sashimi, Asahi Beer and some other selection of $5 snacks from 5pm-845 pm. For the Queen Street outlet, they have different promotions on different days of the week so have a check at the Standing Sushi Bar website!


Oysters (2 for $5). Well, I really love oysters so when I saw this, I knew I had to have them. It was fresh and I would say goes well with a cup of Asahi beer. Slurps! Missing my oysters now.


Yes, as you can see, the place is pretty empty! Depending on what you like, you may actually want to head down for a peaceful dinner.


Standing Sushi Bar have other selections of food such as bentos and sushi, etc. I would definitely pay a visit to their outlet at Queen Street for the weekdays promotion but maybe not come back to this outlet again. Nothing fantastic and the price isn't that great either!

Our ratings of Standing Sushi Bar: 7/10

Marina Bay Link Mall

8A Marina Boulevard
B2-51 Marina Bay Link Mall
Singapore  018989
Tel: +65 6634 7068
Operating Hours
Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 9 PM
Saturday: 11:30 AM - 6 PM
Closed on public holidays and Saturdays following a public holiday on a Friday

Cheers,
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment