Thursday 19 September 2013

The Lawn at AXA Tower | ThumbsForFood


For those of you who are working in the CBD area, you will be pleased to know that The Lawn has recently opened their new outlet at AXA Tower! I have previously visited The Lawn at Biopolis and I was pleasantly surprised by how satisfying a salad meal can be. If you have not read my review on the Lawn previously, you can read it here!

The design of the cafe is simple yet gives off a cosy and vibrant feeling. It opens till 9pm at night; so people working around the area can consider bringing your work or discussion down to the cafe while having dinner or coffee. 


I went at around 7 plus and the place was actually quite packed! Initially, I thought that dinner time would be a quiet time for the Lawn but I was wrong! It is a convenient place to meet your fellow colleagues or friends for dinner. Most importantly, you do not have to compromise on the standard of food! The Lawn provides a wide range of options; from salads to desserts. Don't worry about not having options in this salad bar!

On a side note, I really like how both cafes have their own quotes. I have something for quotes; looking for quotes to fit my feeling of the moment is something that provides me with joy. 

"One's a company, two's a crowd and three's a party" Andy Warhol

That was the quote at the Lawn at Biopolis. I do not know why both are Andy Warhol's quotes but maybe I should ask Jonathan about it the next time! [: 


I had the Iced Mocha and I have to say the Lawn can really pass off as a cafe to have good cakes and coffee!


I have never been a fan of salads as I have always liked to have something hot/warm. But, at the Lawn, I can have the best of both worlds! Salad with a hot grill of my choice. Recently, I have some obsession with beetroot, olives and avocado. But, I am a really lazy person and preparing my own salad is a challenge so I was really happy to have beetroot and olives as my toppings for the salad.


My two favourite grills would be the Chargrilled prawns and Ben's beef ribs! I tried the duck and the butter fish as well but I felt that they were not especially special. Yes, have a try at the different grills and share with us your thoughts!


Dessert time! Yes, I was honestly full after the meal but who can say no to yummy cakes right? [:

The Lawn at AXA Tower brings in cakes from Gobi which was really yummy. I loved the oreo cheesecake! Even though they are priced at $7.50 per slice, I feel that it's well-worth your money.


This is my company for the night! Thanks for heading down to the Lawn with me [: You can visit her fashion/lifestyle blog here!



Head down to visit The Lawn at AXA Tower if you are looking for healthy food with a twist to it! The prices of the salads and olive rice start from $9.90.

Thank you The Lawn for the invite!

The Lawn
8 Shenton Way, B1- 11 AXA Tower, Singapore 068811
Tel: +65 65348749
Open daily from 10.30am to 9pm

Cheers,
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment