Monday 18 November 2013

Craft Bakery & Cafe (Holland Village) I ThumbsForFood

Hello everyone! The start of the week is here again. Hopefully, you are feeling well-rested from the weekend! 

Well, as a student studying in the West side of the island for almost half of my life, I have always been trying to find good food and cafes around this region of Singapore. When I heard of Craft Bakery and Cafe, I knew I had to check it out and I am soooo thankful for my friends who were able to accompany on my cafe hunting journey in the West. 

Currently, they have a lunch promotion that serves up a main course, soup and coffee/drink for $19 nett. The promotion is valid on weekdays from 12-4pm. I went there on a Tuesday and of course, I got myself a lunch set! 

Bacon Mac & Cheese $12.50. This was really yummy on my first few bites. The amount of cheese they throw into this dish is sooooo generous. Mac & cheese should be really cheesy! The herbs used compliments the dish also. Well, the mac & cheese here is definitely better than a lot of others that I tried in other cafes! The best is still the one at Five & Dime though. But, I would recommend this dish to be shared among a few people as it can get really gelard if you finish it on your own! 

Spicy Sausage in Arrabiata Sauce $16. This is definitely a safe choice but nothing fantastic about it as well! I would have this if I am craving for something appetizing.

Bacon & Mushroom Aglio Olio. Well, I wanted to go for the Prawn Aglio Olio but they did not have prawns that day and so I opted for mushrooms. I think it is a pretty simple dish as well but I have to say they did it quite well as I wiped up my whole plate of pasta despite not being very hungry. You can request for them to add chili which will make it even more yummy! 


Flat White


Espresso
Mushroom soup. The soup came with the lunch set. It wasn't really yummy but I would still order the set because it is just more worth it! It is not terrible as well, you see.


Hazalnut Molten Cake $9.50. Well, Craft is opened by the people behind 3 Inch Sin which is famous for their chocolate lava cakes so we just had to try this cake for ourselves. I am not a good judge of this because I am a huge fan of everything chocolate and lava. Yes, love warm desserts with ice-cream soooooo much!



Overall, I am quite happy with my visit to Craft Bakery & Cafe. They serve up good coffee as well, so it makes a good place to chill and drink coffee/eat desserts with your friends or family. I will definitely want to try their Craft Sandwich (bacon with green apple slaw on waffles) the next time round! 

Craft Bakery & CafĂ© (Holland Village) 
24A Lorong Mambong Singapore 277183 

Tel: +65 6467 7710
Opening Hours: 12:00pm-11:00pm (Sun-Thurs), 12:00pm-12:00am (Fri-Sat)

Cheers,
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment