Thursday 6 February 2014

L'atelier Tiramisu | ThumbsForFood

I chanced upon L'atelier Tiramisu located at the basement of The Central, Clarke Quay. It is located in an inconspicuous corner. L'atelier does not have any fancy decoration nor glamorous interior. It is simply a small cafe that serves tiramisu, coffee and tea. The first time I was there, I took a takeaway of the cakes and it left an impression in me. Hence, when Z asked me where for desserts in Clarke Quay, L'atelier came to mind.   

Interior of Le'atelier
L'atelier is fuss-free, no-frills and simple. Tiramisu and drinks. That's all. With four flavours of Tiramisu, you will wonder naturally - how long can the cafe last? The Tiramisu has to be of a certain caliber for the cafe to specialize solely in it. The price of a slice of cake is about $6.80.

I chose the Matcha flavored tiramisu as I'm a big fan of green tea. I really liked it a lot. It was not too sweet, the green tea flavor was rich and it was light. My friend on the other hand, did not like the Matcha as much as she felt that the powder was a bit bitter. Personally, this is my favorite!

Matcha (Green Tea) Tiramisu
The classic Tiramisu was really good as well. I feel that the main reason the Tiramisu as L'atelier is so good is because it can grasp the optimal moisture of a perfectly done Tiramisu. It is slightly sweeter than the Green Tea Tiramisu. Overall, the cake was still perfectly balanced. I can easily say L'atelier serves up one of the best Tiramisu in town. 

The two other flavors are lychee and dark cherry! I will definitely try them the next time around. 

Classic Tiramisu
 Everyday from 3-5pm, you can enjoy 2 cups of coffee for $7. It is a good deal if you are looking for a place to enjoy a cuppa with some desserts. We tried the Mocha and Flat white. Personally, I feel that the coffee is not strong enough for me. The presentation was a plus point which made the coffee looked appealing.

Mocha

Flat white

Overall, I would recommend L'atelier for Tiramisu lovers. I would definitely be back for more Tiramisu. L'atelier also offers whole cakes that is available for orders. 7" cakes are priced at $48 which I personally feel is reasonable for the quality of the cake.

The Central @ Clarke Quay 
#B1-09 6 Eu Tong Sen StreetSingapore 059817(Clarke Quay MRT, Exit F)

Opening Hours: Monday - Friday: 12pm-9pm Saturday: 1pm-8pm Sunday: 1pm-7pm



Cheers,
Y

No comments:

Post a Comment