Saturday 5 April 2014

Bintan Lagoon | ThumbsForFood

Hello April! Yes, time passes so quick right? This reminds me that we should always cherish our time and not waste it doing something we don't like. Always dare to take the first step out, even though it may not be easy! So... this brings me to another of my traveling post ^^ If you have not been updating yourself on ThumbsForFood, I have previously blogged about my working holiday experience in New Zealand  , my eating trip in Malacca and my experiences in Korea. I still have so many traveling posts that I want to share but I really need to have better time management to be able to clear all my backlog! 

Well, Bintan has always been one of the places that I want to tick off my travel checklist. It is relatively nearer to Singapore compared to the other places and I have heard beautiful stories about it. Of course, I have also heard about how expensive it can be to go there so I have been procrastinating and procrastinating in planning a trip there. Yes, luckily for me, I was able to save my virgin Bintan experience for my first ever company retreat! 

Throughout the trip, I pretty much stayed in Bintan Lagoon for most of the time which is also the reason for the title of the trip: Bintan Lagoon and not Bintan. The ferry from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal took about 2 hours. It is really quite a journey on the sea because normally I feel fine on other ferries but I felt quite nauseous during both the ferry rides this time round. 

But of course, the ride was totally worth it! I was greeted by one of my favourite sights: clear blues skies, clear waters and the white sand beach. I was there on a friday and so I got to enjoy the beach pretty much to myself in the afternoon. To be fair, Singapore has pretty beaches as well but just that I will never get to have so much space to myself! 

Love the spacious beach!

Another important part of an overseas trip would be the accommodation. Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised by the room we were housed in. It was so spacious! I don't know if I was being over-sensitive but I had this tingling feeling that the bed was sandy and so I felt a bit itchy. Other than that, it was a good night's sleep in the room!


the common space for drinks/games


This is the view from outside my room. Yes, I think I was quite lucky to get a room that was on the ground floor. Good views and easy access to the beach!



Isn't this just so beautiful? I was so tempted to jump into the sea and go for a swim. Oh, and if you have enough people, you can even play volleyball on the beach.


bar/restaurant by the sea


Okay, I have this obsession with sunsets and sunrise which makes me someone you would either want to travel with or not want to travel with at all. I totally do not mind sacrificing a bit of my sleep to watch the sunrise and yes, I was lucky to find a companion to do so with me this trip!

Look at the orange sun that is rising up! Sunsets and sunrise have the ability to lift my spirits up. Watching the sky changing its colour recharges my faith in what I am doing everyday!




“There's always a story. It's all stories, really. The sun coming up every day is a story. Everything's got a story in it. Change the story, change the world.”   -A Hat full of sky




my essentials! 
Oh yes, I almost forgot to share about the dining in Bintan Lagoon. Well, I tried the breakfast, lunch and dinner at the resort. I would say that the standard of the food is totally not worth the price that they are charging. If I remember correctly, lunch buffet is priced at around S$30 and there are very limited number of dishes. If I were to visit Bintan Lagoon again, I would seriously consider bringing my own snacks and food there!

view during breakfast!
Overall, I had an enjoyable time at Bintan Lagoon. I would definitely recommend this place for people who want a short and relaxing getaway. Spending some time with the sea, beach and nature can be very therapeutic. Be prepared for the cost of the activities and things in the resort though! Massage is also not very cheap in the resort itself which was why we travelled out for massage somewhere else! But well, the massage that I went for was not fantastic and it cost S$38 for an hour!

Typing this post about Bintan makes me want to go for a beach holiday right now! Hope you have enjoyed reading my post on Bintan Lagoon. If you have any queries, please feel free to email me at thumbsforfood@gmail.com!

Cheers,
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment